Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

CQ Workflow : Issue with Process Step after AND Split

Level 2

Hi,

I am using cq5.6.1 and working on workflows.

[img]WFIssue.jpg[/img]

In my workflow attached And split is not working if a process step is added after the AND split.

i.e Whenever Group1 approves it doesn't wait for the other group to approve and directly moves to next step which is after process step.

Kindly need some assistance on why I am facing this issue.Thanks in advance.

-Channaveer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Sion,

Add a participant step after the AND split. Your issue will be resolved. We haven't raised any adobe ticket for this issue for reference as we found out a work around.

Any step after AND split other than participant step causes this issue.

Hope it works for you.

Also it behaves the same way in AEM 6 also.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

It is not clustered environment. I am verifying this in my local.

My requirement is I have 2 groups in AND branch. After the approval of both the groups i need to send a email(not default) for which I have added process step after AND split. When process step is added after AND , functionality of AND some how doesn't work .

Any one group approval in AND will move the task to process step.Need to know were I am doing wrong?

-Channaveer

Level 1

We have the same issue on 5.6.1.

I have a workflow that can only proceed when 3 parallel processes have been completed and signed off. I created an AND split and each branch has the approval process for the 3 teams. I expected that the next step after the AND split would only proceed when all the branches had completed but it allows just one branch to complete before moving on with the process after the AND split.

Is this a known bug in 5.6.1?

Cheers

Sion

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Sion,

Add a participant step after the AND split. Your issue will be resolved. We haven't raised any adobe ticket for this issue for reference as we found out a work around.

Any step after AND split other than participant step causes this issue.

Hope it works for you.

Also it behaves the same way in AEM 6 also.

Thanks!

Level 1

Thanks Channaveer,

I've added the participant step  and it looks like it's working now

Cheers

Sion