Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACS ErrorPageHandlerService can't be resolved

Former Community Member

I'm trying to use the ACS ErrorPageHandlerService [1] and it has successfully worked in the past (AEM 6.0 SP1). I just build some (totally unrelated) simple code and now the error pages don't work anymore, see error below: 

30.12.2014 12:50:10.005 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1419972610002] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.resolver.internal.SlingServletResolver Calling the error handler resulted in an error java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.acs.commons.errorpagehandler.ErrorPageHandlerService resolves to a package ErrorPageHandlerService cannot be resolved to a type ErrorPageHandlerService cannot be resolved to a type

In the system console (/system/console/bundles) I can see that the bundle is active and the ErrorPageHandlerService even shows up in the list of services (/system/console/services). Why would it not be resolvable?

[1] http://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/

PS: I tried to search the forums but it seems it's always under construction or something or at least the search shows me a blank page in 90% of cases...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

paro22 wrote...

I'm trying to use the ACS ErrorPageHandlerService [1] and it has successfully worked in the past (AEM 6.0 SP1). I just build some (totally unrelated) simple code and now the error pages don't work anymore, see error below: 

1. 30.12.2014 12:50:10.005 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1419972610002] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.resolver.internal.SlingServletResolver Calling the error handler resulted in an error
  2. java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
  3. Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.acs.commons.errorpagehandler.ErrorPageHandlerService resolves to a package
  4. ErrorPageHandlerService cannot be resolved to a type
  5. ErrorPageHandlerService cannot be resolved to a type

In the system console (/system/console/bundles) I can see that the bundle is active and the ErrorPageHandlerService even shows up in the list of services (/system/console/services). Why would it not be resolvable?

PS: I tried to search the forums but it seems it's always under construction or something or at least the search shows me a blank page in 90% of cases...

I also had same type of issue for the query builder tool, once i downloaded it. But after few days when i downloaded the new package it started work fine. Not sure might be it can the due the enhancement process.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

what version have you installed of acs-aem-commons?

Correct answer by
Level 5

paro22 wrote...

1. 30.12.2014 12:50:10.005 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1419972610002] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.resolver.internal.SlingServletResolver Calling the error handler resulted in an error
  2. java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
  3. Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.acs.commons.errorpagehandler.ErrorPageHandlerService resolves to a package
  4. ErrorPageHandlerService cannot be resolved to a type
  5. ErrorPageHandlerService cannot be resolved to a type

I also had same type of issue for the query builder tool, once i downloaded it. But after few days when i downloaded the new package it started work fine. Not sure might be it can the due the enhancement process.

Former Community Member

It was version 1.8.0. Oddly enough it works now with 1.9.2 after removing the acs-commons folder under apps, removing our clients apps folder as well as the sling folder...

Now I'm just trying to understand the OSGi logic of this I guess, like why would it show this error if the bundle is active and the service does exist?