Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cq:InplaceEditing doesn't modify the attribute I choose in Adobe AEM 6.0

Level 1

Hello,

I've been trying to get the cq:InplaceEditing to modify an attribute of my choosing.  By default, it modifies the "text" property in the JCR.  I read the following article which claims that you can change the attribute the InplaceEditing modifies:

http://www.prolistingservice.com/theblog/post/Configuring-the-AEM-Title-Editor-for-In-place-Editing....

I decided to choose the attribute to modify based on a JCR node in a configPath.  When I modified the dialog, though, it still would only modify the "text" attribute instead of an attribute with the name that I wanted.  I specified the attribute I wanted to modify in the "textPropertyName" attribute in the node inside of the configPath.

This is a picture of my InplaceEditingConfig:

[img]cqeditingdialog.png[/img]

This is a picture of the JCR Node at the configPath specified in the InplaceEditingConfig:

[img]configPath.png[/img]

Finally, this is a picture of the JCR tree containing the two items above:

[img]jcrTree.png[/img]

Any idea why it only changes the "text" property instead of the one specified by the attribute "textPropertyName"?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You have not followed the blog post properly.

Example

• The config node under   cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing is missing.  So it should be cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config
  • Secondly textPropertyName will be under cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config node.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You have not followed the blog post properly.

Example

• The config node under   cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing is missing.  So it should be cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config
  • Secondly textPropertyName will be under cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config node.

Level 1

True, the example that I stated didn't follow the blog's suggestion, but the blog also mentioned the way I did it was another legitimate way of doing it.  I only cited the blog to show that the property cq:inplaceEditing modifies should be open to adjustments.  The blog says:

"The Adobe documentation for the cq:inplaceEditing node of type cq:InplaceEditingConfig mentions the "configPath" property.  This is not the path to a common cq:Dialog panel or the path to the persistence property as I thought.  It is the path to a node that has properties for configuring the client-side in-place editing.  You can use the path to point to a common configuration node.  The other option is to just ignore this property and instead create the "config" node as a child of the cq:inplaceEditing node.  This is the default location for the node."

This excerpt indicates that the author acknowledged using the "configPath" property to be another legitimate way of setting "textPropertyName."

Also, I did attempt to do it using the author's stated suggestion, but got the same result.

I'm still stuck on this.  It only changes the "text" property instead of anything else.  Did I miss something in the process?  I made sure to save my changes in the CRXDE.