Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

cq.authoring.dialog not loading updated minified stylesheet for our author-prod/stage URLs

Level 3

Hi, 

This issue is occurring in our Stage and Prod Public URL authoring instances, but works perfectly fine in our direct IP authoring instances. 

The cq.authoring.dialog, which generates our "all.min.css" file, is not loading the most updated code when new css files are added or edited with this category. The "all.min.css" file IS updated if viewing a page in our direct IP instance, but NOT when viewing the exact same page in the Public Author URL. So this eliminates the possibility that the folder structure/properties are incorrectly configured as they are loading in one instance. 

I am unsure of where to go from here. If I can offer any more info that might assist this matter please ask. Your help is welcome, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe your author is behind dispatcher and files are cached

Clear the cache and add a rule to deny cache for this file.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

If you have the dispatcher cache, clear the cache and see. It could be browser cache too. 

Try it in incognito window. 

Level 3

Apologies for marking as correct, I meant to reply. 

Good suggestion, but I tried clearing dispatcher and opening in incognito and still not updating. But again, comparing the same file from our IP instance, the file gets update right away but the URL instance will not update. Very odd to me

Community Advisor

@mmasonWD I had the same problem in the past, here's three things I have done to resolve this issue.

1. clear the author author cache

2. restart AEM

3. sometimes the /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/sites/page.js is deep in the cache, so you must refresh this JS asset, this is also where you will also find your code /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/sites/page.js

Making sure you have the right dependencies and embed right, https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/adding-custom-client-library-for-aem-author-editor-touch-ui

Level 3

Hi Brian,

I have cleared dispatcher cache, restarted, also cleared the script cache at /system/console/scriptcache. Nothing seems to be working. 

Again, this file seems to only not be updating at our Public Authoring URL (author-stage), not the public IP author instance (file updates immediately here). But I am clearly missing something.

On your point for #3 when you say this file may be deep in cache and to refresh this JS asset. How and what is meant by refreshing this asset?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe your author is behind dispatcher and files are cached

Clear the cache and add a rule to deny cache for this file.

Arun Patidar