Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Couldn't create a Parsys component

Level 2

I've tried using the below code to include "Parsys" component

"<div data-sly-resource="$(@path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div> "

but it throws an error stating

Error Message:

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceNotFoundException: No resource

Kindly help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, you will get exception.Why you have round brackets instead of curly braces

Use this

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Ate you following online docs so community can reproduce your steps.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, you will get exception.Why you have round brackets instead of curly braces

Use this

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

Level 2

Thank you, it is working fine,,but after i create a custom component for a page, i couldn't find the any parsys component as well as my custom component in the sidekick [ I've chosen the custom component created in "Design" mode too ]

Level 10

Share the XML for your component?

Make sure you have given a group and selected same group in design mode . Can you see component in design mode dialog?

If parsys component is not visible it component group could be hidden as usully there are not drag and drop rather placed at template level

Level 2

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Ate you following online docs so community can reproduce your steps.

yes i've been following AEM training documents from the cloud :)

Level 2

edubey wrote...

Share the XML for your component?

Make sure you have given a group and selected same group in design mode . Can you see component in design mode dialog?

If parsys component is not visible it component group could be hidden as usully there are not drag and drop rather placed at template level

Yes i could see the component i've created in the design mode, with the same name as i've provided for "Group Name" while creating the custom component.

I've just used a basic test case like this

<div data-sly-test.vartest="${properties.title}">
${vartest}
</div>
<div data-sly-test="${vartest}">
Please enter a value
</div>
<div data-sly-test="${vartest=='test'}">
Same value has been entered.
</div>