Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

core components: differences between versions

Level 9

so I just realized there's a new(ish) version of page core component (latest version is v3)

I'm trying to find if there's a table/summary of differences with the different versions of core components (page, breadcrumbs and etc). BUT I am not having any luck finding such information.

Are you able to help? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659,

In general you can find information about Core Components released version and release notes for each one that includes information about changes under:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions

The information are divided into multiple section, e.g. assuming you would like to see what has changed in V3 of Page component, you can follow below steps:

1. Under Component Version & Releases find component and version you are interested of:
    page-1.jpgpage-2.jpg
  2. You can see that V3 of Page has been added in version 2.18.0.
  3. Find 2.18.0 in Release History & Requirements section
    page-3.jpg
  4. Click on the link, which will take you to release notes page on GitHub
    page-4.jpg

This should give you an idea about major changes. You can also browse commits/PRs on GitHub to get all the details.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659,

In general you can find information about Core Components released version and release notes for each one that includes information about changes under:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions

The information are divided into multiple section, e.g. assuming you would like to see what has changed in V3 of Page component, you can follow below steps:

1. Under Component Version & Releases find component and version you are interested of:
    page-1.jpgpage-2.jpg
  2. You can see that V3 of Page has been added in version 2.18.0.
  3. Find 2.18.0 in Release History & Requirements section
    page-3.jpg
  4. Click on the link, which will take you to release notes page on GitHub
    page-4.jpg

This should give you an idea about major changes. You can also browse commits/PRs on GitHub to get all the details.