Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

core components: differences between versions

Level 9

so I just realized there's a new(ish) version of page core component (latest version is v3)

I'm trying to find if there's a table/summary of differences with the different versions of core components (page, breadcrumbs and etc). BUT I am not having any luck finding such information.

Are you able to help? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659,

In general you can find information about Core Components released version and release notes for each one that includes information about changes under:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions

The information are divided into multiple section, e.g. assuming you would like to see what has changed in V3 of Page component, you can follow below steps:

1. Under Component Version & Releases find component and version you are interested of:
    page-1.jpgpage-2.jpg
  2. You can see that V3 of Page has been added in version 2.18.0.
  3. Find 2.18.0 in Release History & Requirements section
    page-3.jpg
  4. Click on the link, which will take you to release notes page on GitHub
    page-4.jpg

This should give you an idea about major changes. You can also browse commits/PRs on GitHub to get all the details.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659,

In general you can find information about Core Components released version and release notes for each one that includes information about changes under:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions

The information are divided into multiple section, e.g. assuming you would like to see what has changed in V3 of Page component, you can follow below steps:

1. Under Component Version & Releases find component and version you are interested of:
    page-1.jpgpage-2.jpg
  2. You can see that V3 of Page has been added in version 2.18.0.
  3. Find 2.18.0 in Release History & Requirements section
    page-3.jpg
  4. Click on the link, which will take you to release notes page on GitHub
    page-4.jpg

This should give you an idea about major changes. You can also browse commits/PRs on GitHub to get all the details.