Expand my Community achievements bar.

Converting Fragments to Experience Fragment

Level 1

crxde.JPG
Hi, I'm encountering an issue wherein the generated experience fragment is being created not in the responsive grid instead it goes directly inside the root because the working converted experience fragments are all created inside the responsive grid. Please see the attached screenshot for reference.

Working XF is insights-financial-planning-content-layout while the failed XF conversion is products1.

Thanks

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @paoladizon 

When you drag and drop any component inside experience fragment, it will be added below the root node directly.

If you are using a Layout Container on the experience fragment, it will add a responsivegrid node directly under root and all the subsequest component added into the Layout container will be added below(inside) the responsivegrid node i.e. child node to responsivegrid node.

By looking into the first example (products1) I can see you have added a Layout container on the page first and then Content Teaser componet after the Layout container not inside the layout container which is why you are getting the structure like below:

asutosh_jena_1-1618764557668.png

but for the second example (insights-financial-planning-content-layout) I can see you have added a Layout Container on the page first and then the Content Teaser component inside the Layout Container which is why you are getting the below structure:

asutosh_jena_2-1618764629979.png

In both the cases you should be able to see the content and should be able to render the content on the main page using the experience fragment component. It should not create any issue as both the structures are valid here.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi @paoladizon 

Like I mentioned above both the use case are correct and there is nothing wrong in the structure.

It completely depends on how you author the content. If you want the second structure, then we need to author the component inside the Layout Container and it will resolve.

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_,

How come when products1 is converted to XF, the page becomes empty while for insights-financial-planning-content-layout it was generated successfully?

paoladizon_0-1618812915157.png

paoladizon_1-1618812936839.png

Community Advisor

HI @paoladizon When you say converted into XF, where you are coverting it from? Are you not creating this XF by authoring the XF?

If you are trying to create the XF from the existing page i.e. converting few of the page content to XF, this could be an issue. Please correct if my understanding is correct here.

Now if your XF template is defined as below:

asutosh_jena_0-1618816066950.png

Then the content will be rendered only if the content node is present inside the responsivegrid node. When you create a content from a experience fragment console, all the component will go inside the responsivegrid node and it will render properly. But if you try to convert any existing page to XF, it will go inside the root parallel to the responsive grid which is cuasing the issue.

Can you remove the responsive grid node from the template and then try to convert all the existing page content into experience fragment, it will resolve the issue and will render the content as required.

After removing the template structure will look like this:

asutosh_jena_1-1618816242651.png

Thanks!

Level 1

.Hi @Asutosh_Jena_,

I'll look into this again and get back to you. 

Thank you!

Level 1

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_,

The responsive grid is necessary to be able to adjust the layout. Any chance in moving the generated component inside the responsive grid instead of being created directly under the root node?

Community Advisor

Hi @paoladizon 

Instead of converting the existing content if you can create the content in experience fragment it should resolve the issue. It will create the content within the responsivegrid node and you will not have any responsive issue as well.

Thanks!