Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Content targeting issue in AEM 6.1

Level 2

Hi All,

In our project content targeting(personalization) is not working in client environments.

Below is the error we get

02.08.2016 11:17:38.457 *ERROR* [103.43.114.129 [1470129458436] GET /etc/clientcontext/default/content/jcr:content/stores.init.js HTTP/1.1] libs.cq.personalization.components.clientcontextdesigner.parsys.init$js$jsp error while including a init file /etc/clientcontext/default/content/jcr:content/stores/campaign

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException:

at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:388)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl.collector(TargetedContentManagerImpl.java:428)

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl.validateCache(TargetedContentManagerImpl.java:411)

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl.getCampaigns(TargetedContentManagerImpl.java:321)

at org.apache.jsp.libs.cq.personalization.components.contextstores.campaign.init_js_jsp._jspService(init_js_jsp.java:167)

The NPE is occurring at a place where the code expects the path of the campaign from an OSGI service called ‘Targeted content Manager’. The path has been verified as ‘/content/campaigns’. It should not be an access issue as I am using admin access to target the content.

Also, 

This is a list of hotfixes that have been installed in AEM[ 6.1]

From Default System Provisioning:

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-7603-1.2.zip

cq-ALL-hotfix-NPR-8364-1.0.12.zip

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6449-1.0.zip

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6446-1.0.zip

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6445-1.0.zip

HotFixes installed as per [0] :

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6570-1.3.zip 

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-7285-1.0

cq-6.1.0-featurepack-6563-1.0.0

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-7535-1.0

CQ-6.1.0-HOTFIX-7432

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@GROM!T

It is solved for me now,

What is the user that you are using to access it? This happens when the user is not able to access the '/content/campaigns' path. I would suggest please check out the 'rep:policy' node under '/content/campaigns' and compare it with a vanilla instance's rep:policy node. You should be able to find your answers there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

I'm facing the exact same issue with AEM 6.1.0 SP1. Does anyone have an idea?

Level 10

This looks like a software bug - please file a day care ticket. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

@GROM!T

It is solved for me now,

What is the user that you are using to access it? This happens when the user is not able to access the '/content/campaigns' path. I would suggest please check out the 'rep:policy' node under '/content/campaigns' and compare it with a vanilla instance's rep:policy node. You should be able to find your answers there.