Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content targeting issue in AEM 6.1

Level 2

Hi All,

In our project content targeting(personalization) is not working in client environments.

Below is the error we get

02.08.2016 11:17:38.457 *ERROR* [103.43.114.129 [1470129458436] GET /etc/clientcontext/default/content/jcr:content/stores.init.js HTTP/1.1] libs.cq.personalization.components.clientcontextdesigner.parsys.init$js$jsp error while including a init file /etc/clientcontext/default/content/jcr:content/stores/campaign

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException:

at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:388)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl.collector(TargetedContentManagerImpl.java:428)

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl.validateCache(TargetedContentManagerImpl.java:411)

at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl.getCampaigns(TargetedContentManagerImpl.java:321)

at org.apache.jsp.libs.cq.personalization.components.contextstores.campaign.init_js_jsp._jspService(init_js_jsp.java:167)

The NPE is occurring at a place where the code expects the path of the campaign from an OSGI service called ‘Targeted content Manager’. The path has been verified as ‘/content/campaigns’. It should not be an access issue as I am using admin access to target the content.

Also, 

This is a list of hotfixes that have been installed in AEM[ 6.1]

From Default System Provisioning:

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-7603-1.2.zip

cq-ALL-hotfix-NPR-8364-1.0.12.zip

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6449-1.0.zip

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6446-1.0.zip

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6445-1.0.zip

HotFixes installed as per [0] :

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-6570-1.3.zip 

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-7285-1.0

cq-6.1.0-featurepack-6563-1.0.0

cq-6.1.0-hotfix-7535-1.0

CQ-6.1.0-HOTFIX-7432

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@GROM!T

It is solved for me now,

What is the user that you are using to access it? This happens when the user is not able to access the '/content/campaigns' path. I would suggest please check out the 'rep:policy' node under '/content/campaigns' and compare it with a vanilla instance's rep:policy node. You should be able to find your answers there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

I'm facing the exact same issue with AEM 6.1.0 SP1. Does anyone have an idea?

Level 10

This looks like a software bug - please file a day care ticket. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

@GROM!T

It is solved for me now,

What is the user that you are using to access it? This happens when the user is not able to access the '/content/campaigns' path. I would suggest please check out the 'rep:policy' node under '/content/campaigns' and compare it with a vanilla instance's rep:policy node. You should be able to find your answers there.