Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Migration from older version to newer version

Level 7

Hi 

I have a approach that one page will be created with new components manually. Then launch of new page will be created updating the node data as old page such as text, or any other property.

But I couldn't find the approach to update the node data in newer node specifically

Eg: 

OLD Page

jcr:content->parsys->Column Component(Inside component we have 4 same component-> text)-> Column component (Inside this component we have only 1 text component authored )

New Launch

jcr:contetnt->root->responsivegrid->column component(5 text)-> another column component(2 text component)

I am worried how to update the data in correct node using java 

FYI, I have code to update node like node.setProperty. But couldn't write approach to update the data

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Do I understand you correctly, that you want to create a launch of an existing page, but this launch page should have a different node structure than the existing one, but the same content?

This is not possible, because the node properties cannot be split from the nodes themselves. At one point you need to migrate a node structure from old to new, and in that process rewrite all properties in the correct way. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Do I understand you correctly, that you want to create a launch of an existing page, but this launch page should have a different node structure than the existing one, but the same content?

This is not possible, because the node properties cannot be split from the nodes themselves. At one point you need to migrate a node structure from old to new, and in that process rewrite all properties in the correct way.