Expand my Community achievements bar.

Content Import in aem 6.5

Level 3

Hi,

We have one requirement where we need to load the video on the page however all the js and CSS and library are coming from a third party and the same requirement we are using in 6.3 we have uploaded all the files in dam level and we are using external component where we can select .html from the dam. so now we are working in the same uploading all the files in the dam level and we have created one component to select a .html file from the dam but when I select the .html from the dam it's automatically downloading and I have researched then I found that we have to enable or disable configuration from system/console/ConfigMgr so I have connected with DevOps team and they are saying that it's not the good approach.

do we have any other way to implement in 6.5?

Please help me.

Thanks.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @naveen_27_05 ,

if I understand correctly, are you trying to load an HTML from the DAM which contains a video, through a component?
why don't you use an embed component?

If you want to use any custom component according to your requirement, I would suggest using an iframe if the video is hosted on an external website(Vimeo/Youtube), so that video controls are still in place and you customize the outer part of the iframe.

let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Thank you.

-Sravan

Level 3

Hi @B_Sravan ,

Thank you for your replay,

I have tried with embed component when i paste the Html code in iframe however path which is mentioned in the Html are not getting that's why video is not loading and in Html they have linked with CSS and js and libs file and some other min files also.

Community Advisor

see, you'll have to segregate all of these things.

1. Have the CSS and JS in a client library
  2. Make your HTML the component HTML 
  3. Create a dialog to author your video references.
  4. If there's any scope for HTML editing in the future, re-use the core components in a modular way to achieve your desired HTML.

the iframe should just be used for the video tag. Using HTML from the dam or embedding it is not a good practice.

Level 3

Hi @B_Sravan

I thought this approach at first but when I see the files which are provided by the business we cannot segregate those because each file is interlinked with each others and they are converted into min files.

Community Advisor

please ask your business team to provide the necessary file and then you ultimately minify it. Using unused CSS/JS in the provided minified file is also a red flag to continue.

Level 5

Hi @naveen_27_05 ,

Looks like browser is trying to forcefully download HTML instead of rendering. Can you please compare the code in 6.3 and 6.5 components especially HTML tags (iframe atttirbutes for example). Also suspecting content-type to be text, please check and correct accordingly.

Thanks

Level 3

Hi @Chandra_Hire ,

The browser is not downloading automatically I have identified why it's downloading automatically there are some configuration changes with the latest SDK in aem 6.5 and we are not writing any code we are uploading all the files in the dam level that files are getting from the third party.

I have tried all the ways in which I am aware.