Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Content fragment Model update - will it affect existing content fragments

Level 4
Level 4

Team, 

If we make changes (add/remove fields) to a Content Fragment model that is already being used to create content fragments, will this modification have any impact on the previously(existing) created content fragments utilizing that model? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @nj2 ,

Yes, editing the Content fragment model can impact the existing content fragment depending on your use case. It's also mentioned in the official documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/content-fragments/content-fragm...

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @nj2 ,

Yes, editing the Content fragment model can impact the existing content fragment depending on your use case. It's also mentioned in the official documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/content-fragments/content-fragm...

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Nitesh, I have already checked it, but this link does not answers on "what" & "how" part. 

Employee Advisor

@nj2 Adding a new field on a CF Model, might not have huge impact. As existing CFs will start showing the new field on the UI. The default value to this new field will not persist in CF, until it is manually opened and saved..

Delete a Field has a caveat, although it will stop appearing on the UI, but if you have saved a value against the deleted field in an existing CF, the value will persist at the crx level.

Level 4
Level 4

Thank you Krati, my analysis is also in the same line, unfortunately, this behavior or content fragment is not documented.

Is it safe to conclude that any change in the Content fragment model will not affect existing fragments that use the model, but will affect newly created fragments?