Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What risks and effects when modifying an existing content fragment model?

Level 2

I'm trying to modify an existing content fragment model and when I do, I get a warning that it is already used by existing fragments and that changing its structure might break those content fragments. I am considering adding an optional field to it, but I'm wondering what risks this might pose and what effects it will have on existing content fragments?

ColdBuffalo_0-1670219129814.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @ColdBuffalo ,

When we have already created a content fragment using content fragment model , then this warning comes in. Reason is to tell user that model you are trying to modify has already been referenced by content fragment.

In your scenario, you are trying to add a field in your model which is optional, so there won't be any affect to existing model. The field will start appearing in the existing content fragment created using same content fragment model.

Hope that clarifies your ask.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @ColdBuffalo ,

When we have already created a content fragment using content fragment model , then this warning comes in. Reason is to tell user that model you are trying to modify has already been referenced by content fragment.

In your scenario, you are trying to add a field in your model which is optional, so there won't be any affect to existing model. The field will start appearing in the existing content fragment created using same content fragment model.

Hope that clarifies your ask.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg