Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

programmatically advance to next step in absense of user in (Dynamic Participant Step)

Level 2

For Below Workflow, if there is no user at L3 Level(Dynamic Participant Step), then in that case wokflow should autoAdvance  from L2 Level((Dynamic Participant Step)) to Marketing Team Approval Level((Dynamic Participant Step)).

market-workflow.jpg

Below is the code I am using to programmatically to move to next workflow step in absense of user in the group i.e. auto handler advance programmatically, but it's not working.

if (!users.isEmpty()) {
} else {
WorkItem newWorkItem = workflowSession.getActiveWorkItems()[0];
workflowSession.complete(newWorkItem, workflowSession.getRoutes(newWorkItem,false).get(0));

}

alse tried below one:

if (!users.isEmpty()) {
} else {
List<Route> routes = workflowSession.getRoutes(workItem, false);
workflowSession.complete(workItem, routes.get(0));
}

I tried with true condition also.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @Avinash_Ranjan ,

I don't think that is possible directly on the step. You can do one thing, put the process step to check the user and skip the step.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

hi @Avinash_Ranjan ,

You can add Process step above L3 participant, which will check whether user is present or not, if present then continue with existing flow i.e., advance the workflow to next step.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

Level 2

Hi Nikita,
In our current scenario when task is forwared from L2 Level to L3 Level and if tere is no user at L3 Level, then skip that Level and move to next Level i.e., Marketing Team Approval Level. 

We don't need to stop the flow in absence of user, we just need to skip that level.

Thanks,
Avinash

Employee Advisor

hi Avinash,

When you say no user present in L3 level , Does that mean , the group you have provided in the selection of participant doesnt contain any user in it ?

Whether L2 person approves,  then you define process step, which will do the above operation. 

Nikita___Garg_0-1669787124341.png

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

Level 2

Hi Nikita,

In our scenario, there are multiple Approver Steps, currently in all Dynamic participant Steps for the groups assigned users are present, in case if in future there is no user in the group of any of the Dynamic Participant step in that case we have to skip that Approver Level (similar to Auto Advance) and pass the task to next Level for approval, we are not stoping the flow in absence of user.

Thanks,
Avinash

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

hi @Avinash_Ranjan ,

I don't think that is possible directly on the step. You can do one thing, put the process step to check the user and skip the step.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg