Expand my Community achievements bar.

Content/Experience Fragments & OOTB Search

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm looking into into leveraging Content Fragments and Experience Fragments in AEM 6.3 for a Multisite that will based on several Regions.

Since the regional content changes so much, it would be nice to leverage the "Variations" of an Experience Fragment so that authors can easily change content in a single area.

MSM doesn't seem to provide any centralized area when many pages have cancelled the content inheritance.

MSM content structure would be something like so:

Master Content: /content/mysite/default/en

US-EN: /content/mysite/us/en

US-ES: /content/mysite/us/es

By using Experience Fragments, authors would just need to go to one page and modify all the regions in a single content tree like so:

US-EN: /content/experience-fragments/mysite/mypage/us-en

US-ES: /content/experience-fragments/mysite/mypage/us-es

However, the OOTB search uses a PATH to search for keywords, since the actualy /content/mysite tree will not contain the actual content BUT the references to the Experience Fragments, the search no longer returns results for content.

What would be the recommendation for an OOTB Search implementation? Ideally, the search should just return content from the current region, since these are variations in Exp. Fragments, how would this be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

3 Replies

Level 2

I have the same question... did you come up with a solution for this?

Level 10

This question slipped through - we will get the team to answer this.

Level 3

Can we get some answer to the question or please provide a link to any reference in docs. Thanks.