Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content access based on User profile for different Geographic location

Level 5

Hi,

Website is available in different locations across the globe. Different user profiles are created which will have access on content as per there role. (Example User A have access on CRXDE only).

How to make sure, if user change from his current location to another location (example from US to Canada), his access to content will remain same (i.e User A will have access to CRXDE only in  US and in Canada).

Could I achieve it through Personalization ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
Personalization has to do more with content to display in a Web site rather than  ACL permissions. To handle permissions based on locale,  I would look into making use of groups.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10
Personalization has to do more with content to display in a Web site rather than  ACL permissions. To handle permissions based on locale,  I would look into making use of groups.

Level 10

This cannot be achieved using personalization and as @scott mentioned, its not the right usecase aswell !! 

I would suggest you to handle it using customLoginModule and give the permission accordingly based on the user from where he/she login.