Expand my Community achievements bar.

ConstraintViolationException {internal}policy is protected. | Eclipse AEM Dev Tools

Level 5

I've got a problem when attempting to publish/export from Eclipse to my local 6.2 AEM author instance.

I'm attempting to migrate some old JSP page templates to a new Arch10 project, we've got a custom page property dialog tab, that is specifically for admins only, so we have some rep:policy information in the dialog.xml file. Here's a snippet of that dialog:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:rep="internal" jcr:primaryType="cq:Dialog" height="400" stateful="false" xtype="dialog"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <tabs jcr:primaryType="cq:TabPanel"> <items jcr:primaryType="cq:WidgetCollection"> <basic jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" path="/libs/foundation/components/page/tab_basic.infinity.json" xtype="cqinclude"/> <adminonly jcr:primaryType="cq:Widget" jcr:mixinTypes="[rep:AccessControllable]" path="/apps/my-project/components/layouts/basePage/tab_adminonly.infinity.json" xtype="cqinclude"> <rep:policy jcr:primaryType="rep:ACL"> <deny jcr:primaryType="rep:DenyACE" rep:principalName="everyone" rep:privileges="{Name}[jcr:read]"/> <allow jcr:primaryType="rep:GrantACE" rep:principalName="administrators" rep:privileges="{Name}[jcr:read]"/> </rep:policy> </adminonly> ...

Here's the AEM console log from Eclipse:

[September 28, 2016 10:13:07 AM CDT] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand (CREATE_ONLY_WHEN_MISSING) -> /apps : JcrResult[ success:true] (141 ms) [September 28, 2016 10:13:07 AM CDT] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/my-project : JcrResult[ success:true] (78 ms) [September 28, 2016 10:13:07 AM CDT] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/my-project/components : JcrResult[ success:true] (62 ms) [September 28, 2016 10:13:07 AM CDT] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/my-project/components/layouts : JcrResult[ success:true] (94 ms) [September 28, 2016 10:13:07 AM CDT] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/my-project/components/layouts/basePage : JcrResult[ success:true] (140 ms) [September 28, 2016 10:13:07 AM CDT] AddOrUpdateNodeCommand -> /apps/my-project/components/layouts/basePage/dialog : JcrResult[ success:false, exception: org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException - javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: {internal}policy is protected.] (47 ms) org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: {internal}policy is protected. at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.JcrResult.failure(JcrResult.java:33) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.JcrCommand.execute(JcrCommand.java:76) at org.apache.sling.ide.transport.TracingCommand.execute(TracingCommand.java:45) at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.execute(SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.java:477) at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.publishContentModule(SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.java:467) at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.publishModule(SlingLaunchpadBehaviour.java:238) at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModule(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1091) at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publishModules(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:1183) at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.ServerBehaviourDelegateWithModulePublishSupport.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegateWithModulePublishSupport.java:137) at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774) at org.apache.sling.ide.eclipse.core.internal.ServerBehaviourDelegateWithModulePublishSupport.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegateWithModulePublishSupport.java:54) at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3157) at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54) Caused by: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: {internal}policy is protected. at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.nodetype.EffectiveNodeTypeImpl.checkAddNodeConstraints(EffectiveNodeTypeImpl.java:375) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.state.ItemStateValidator.checkAddNode(ItemStateValidator.java:388) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.state.SessionItemStateManager.addNodeState(SessionItemStateManager.java:435) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.state.SessionItemStateManager.visit(SessionItemStateManager.java:245) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.operation.AddNode.accept(AddNode.java:79) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.state.SessionItemStateManager.execute(SessionItemStateManager.java:215) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.NodeImpl.createNode(NodeImpl.java:1454) at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.NodeImpl.addNode(NodeImpl.java:186) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.createNode(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:176) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.update(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:100) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.update(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:112) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.update(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:112) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.update(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:112) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.update(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:112) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.update(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:112) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.execute0(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:85) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.execute0(AddOrUpdateNodeCommand.java:1) at org.apache.sling.ide.impl.vlt.JcrCommand.execute(JcrCommand.java:68) ... 12 more

It seems to be a problem with the xmlns:rep="internal", if I remove that and the policy definitions, then this all works just fine... :(

Anyone have any ideas on this? I've exhausted my Google-fu with no luck. Plenty of ConstraintViolationExceptions, but not for this specific scenario: "{internal}policy is protected."

5 Replies

Level 5

Also probably worth mentioning. If I create this dialog in CRX DE Lite and then "Import from server..." into Eclipse, it works just fine. The next time I make a change in Eclipse and it tries to then export the apps module back to the server, that's when there's a problem.

Level 10

I am checking with internal Adobe people. I have not seen this issue before.

Level 5

smacdonald2008 wrote...

I am checking with internal Adobe people. I have not seen this issue before.

Thanks Scott! Our plan is to eventually refactor these to HTL and move structure/layout/policies to a project-specific /conf folder, but for now we need to move these as-is to continue supporting old content, until it can be updated.

Employee

You should migrate the content without the rep:policy as the permissions should be instance specific. rep:acl nodes are protected nodes and cannot be directly migrated. If you want to migrate acls, you should be doing that separately

using this utility - http://www.wemblog.com/2011/11/how-to-create-package-based-on-xpath-in.html

Level 2

I was facing this error sometimes back when doing "Export to server" from content jcr_root. I am using Eclipse AEM Developer Tools 1.1.0.

The way the issue was resolved was to do the vault import once:

Go to your content jcr_root folder, and use the vlt command

>vlt import -v http://localhost:4502/crx . /

This seems to have synchronized the crx with the content. Thereafter, changing the content in Eclipse did not have any issue in publishing to the crx. Hope that information helps.