Expand my Community achievements bar.

Confused with documentation

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom process step with custom timeout handler which will wait till due date time and then proceed. For this while going through documentation, I found this url Workflow Process Reference where class com.adobe.granite.workflow.console.timeout.autoadvance.AutoAdvancer is mentioned.

I am not able to find this class inside uber jar or through depfinder in AEM 6.3

Here is the screenshot of the page.

AutoAdvancer.png

Kindly help with proper documentation.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I think the correct package/location is com.day.cq.workflow.timeout.autoadvance.AbsoluteTimeAutoAdvancer

example https://github.com/ireasor/aem-projects-demo/blob/master/bundle/src/main/java/com/adobe/acs/activati...

Arun Patidar

Level 3

I am using com.adobe.granite.workflow but examples are on com.day.cq.workflow

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please check all available workflow classes at "The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application."

You can go with com.day.cq.workflow.timeout.autoadvance.AbsoluteTimeAutoAdvancer 

Arun Patidar

Level 3

So, does it mean we need to use a mix of com.adobe.granite.workflow and com.day.cq.workflow ? I thought we should use com.adobe.granite.workflow. Is there any recommendation document available?

Community Advisor

yes, you can use mix of APIs, if something is deprecated you can see on documentation marked as deprecated

Arun Patidar