Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Configuring html5smart image for uploading of images

Level 2

Hi ,

I asked this question before , but  does not got the appropriate answer on google also :-(

Actually in our application we would like authors to upload images from scaffolding page , but when I am using the html5smartimage widget in the scaffolding , it only allows to Drop an Image from DAM , on checking the js of html5smartimage got to know that it happens if in case html5 upload functionality is unavailable , So is there some configuration that I can do to allow the uploading of images from that html5smartimage , If not would just like to know what would be the best approach to follow in this , which other widget can I use here 

Thanks in advance for any help ..

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

check the OOB image component in the foundation /libs/foundation/components/image/dialog/items/image

try using the same item in your component aswell and see if it works

share your dialog so see if anything is missing

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

check the OOB image component in the foundation /libs/foundation/components/image/dialog/items/image

try using the same item in your component aswell and see if it works

share your dialog so see if anything is missing

Level 10

Scaffolding is used to create a large set of pages and allowing it to upload directly can make multiple copy of same asset in all newly created page. It does not sound good design.  Recommendation is to upload in dam and reference it so that you do need to duplicate on all newly created page.