Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Configs not picking at runtime

Community Advisor

Whenever we need to change a value in the configs, the change is not picked up immediately . The server always needs a restart. Is this an issue with server ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When you package this configuration as OSGI config node and install/deploy on an environment, it should be picked up by the runtime, and there are log statements about a changed configuration. Please validate in your error.log that these log statements are present.

If these log statements about a changed configuration are there, the service which has the same PID as the configuration, will be notified. This notification can be done in 2 ways:

* If the service provides a modification methods (using the @modified annotation), this method will be called.

* if the services noes not provide a modification method (that means, that the service does not have a method with the @modification annotation), the service will the deactivated and then activated again (which might result in deactivations/activations of other services).

Can you check for the log messages?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Based on the tags you've provided, I'm assuming your question is related to AEM. I've moved your question to the Adobe Experience Manager​ community. Please let me know if I misunderstood and your question was not related to AEM.

Level 7

Shouldnt require a restart.. I faced similar issue. It was always picking it up from /app/system/config which had old value.. Removed that node and new values started working..

Community Advisor

Nope. Thats not the case here . We cross checked. We don't have any config set via felix console. Still the system needed a restart. We have raised a daycare ticket, hopefully we will hear back soon.

Employee Advisor

With Config you mean "OSGI Configuration"? How do you perform these changes? What AEM version are you using? And what is logged during that time?

Jörg

Community Advisor

I have a service in which I pass the values via osgi:config . So when there is a request from business for any change we change the values under config.prod for the corresponding configuration , package the node and install it in prod. But the issie is when this config is installed , it always needs a restart for he config to get picked up. My wlquestion is whether this is a normal behaviour or am I missing something ?

We use AEM 6.2

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When you package this configuration as OSGI config node and install/deploy on an environment, it should be picked up by the runtime, and there are log statements about a changed configuration. Please validate in your error.log that these log statements are present.

If these log statements about a changed configuration are there, the service which has the same PID as the configuration, will be notified. This notification can be done in 2 ways:

* If the service provides a modification methods (using the @modified annotation), this method will be called.

* if the services noes not provide a modification method (that means, that the service does not have a method with the @modification annotation), the service will the deactivated and then activated again (which might result in deactivations/activations of other services).

Can you check for the log messages?

Community Advisor

I will check this and get back as soon as possible . Thanks Jorg.