Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Conditional Rendering of dialog boxes

Level 2

I have hit a bit of a snag in my learning in AEM and I am not able to figure out how to conditionally render dialog boxes in AEM.

Expanded tale. I am needing to send a query out to a database with the data inputted from the user. When that returns with the data that I need, I would need to render the dialog box with said data. Right now I am not able to find anything that would help me get going on this and I am seriously stuck. Any help is greatly appricated.

4 Replies

Employee

Could you use Render Condition to check for a particular property and base the display/no display on the result of the render condition?

See [1-2].

John

[1] Render Condition — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

[2] AEM Granite Custom Render Conditions - Adobe Experience Manager | AEM/CQ | Apache Sling

Level 2

That is close to what I am looking for but not quiet it. I am lookign to take input from dialog boxes and use that to render another with dynamically created data from the JCR

Level 2

Just to add not looking for a dialog box to conditionally render a component but a dialog item to conditionally render a dialog item

Community Advisor

Hi,

Below is sample js which populate the second dropdown with child pages values based on pathbrowser values in the first field.

You can modify the code to listen to events on the load/selection etc and fill out the text field as I in below code hidden field is set.

aem63app-repo/dynamic-dropdown.js at master · arunpatidar02/aem63app-repo · GitHub

Arun Patidar