Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Components with Sightly ; Extension .html Not Rendering the Component

Level 4

I have a component in my code which uses sightly and  script has the extension as .html

So , script of the component would be like : componentName.html

When I try to render the component , I get the following information from the error.log : 

org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource Paragraph, path=/content/XXX/Par/Component

Same component is working fine on the Servers. I must be missing some settings / or component from Felix console not running. 

I see the similar issue for all Sightly component.

Any Suggestions I can try ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

the string "org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet" indicates, that the DefaultGetServlet has taken over. This normally means, that you have a problem in the wiring resource to resourceType. So can you check that your resourceType property on the component node is correct?

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

"Same component is working fine on the Servers"

When you say Servers - do you mean the AEM Pub server? 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

the string "org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet" indicates, that the DefaultGetServlet has taken over. This normally means, that you have a problem in the wiring resource to resourceType. So can you check that your resourceType property on the component node is correct?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Yes the resource type under the /content/... is a valid one and this is happening only for components with .html (Sightly) extension 

Level 4

smacdonald2008 wrote...

"Same component is working fine on the Servers"

When you say Servers - do you mean the AEM Pub server? 

Its working on all other Environments DEV , QA Etc.

I am getting this error on my localhost 

I am having this issue on Author instance