Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Component Policy Mapping Issue

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

Project A
        - Text Component (has policy that enables all the plugins)
        - Component 2 (has Text Component as embed resource in it and all plugins are working fine as per policy mapped to text component)

Project B
        - Extending Component 2 from Project A (not getting the plugins enabled for embed text component)

When I am trying to add Component 2 in Project B, I am not seeing all the plugins in the embed text component.
Is there any way to fix this?
One solution could be override html for Component 2 in Project B and change the resourceType of text component pointing to Project B's text component.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@krishna_sai  I dont see any reason on why this is breaking. But wanted to understand how Project A and Project B are refering to core components and to each other

Community Advisor

Project A
    Text Component(/apps/projectA/components/text has resourceSuperType as core/wcm/components/text/v2/text)
    Above Text Component is included as resource in another component say Component1
So when I author component1 on page -> component1/text is created under page.

Project B
    Created a proxy component to component1 which has resourceSuperType as projectA/components/Component1

When I author this component1 in project B, component1/text is created but while authoring I am getting only default plugins not all that i mapped to text component

@Jagadeesh_Prakash trying to understand if we can have policy mapped to embed components

Community Advisor

@krishna_sai  did you try below steps

1. In the AEM authoring interface, navigate to the component you want to apply a policy to.

2. Click on the component to select it, and then click on the "Edit" button to open the component's properties.

3. In the component's properties, click on the "Policies" tab.

4. Click on the "Map Policy" button, and select the policy you want to apply to the component.

5. save

Community Advisor

Yes, we do this generally for a component but is there any way to create/map policies to embedded component.

Community Advisor

Hello @krishna_sai 

Are the components also used in different project-specific templates, like projectA components used in /conf/projectA/settings/wcm/templates and projectB in /conf/projectB/settings/wcm/templates ?

Or are they used in same template?

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

Project A components are used in Project A templates and Project B components are used in Project B templates.

Basically B components are the proxy components to A's components.