Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Responsive Grid with 0px height | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

AEM Responsive Grid with 0px height by Bear Cherian

Abstract

In AEM when you create a new page component with a editable area that uses the responsive grid (wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid) you might experience an issue where the editable area appears, but has no height, and is unusable. All you get is a thin blue line where the editable area should be.

The cause of this is a missing include. To initialize the AEM editing features, an JSP is loaded that initializes all of the editable areas, as well as some other things.

The solution is to add the following in your of your page component

You can remove the comment, but I like to leave it in so I, or anyone else editing the page component, knows why we have it in there. Now you'll see your editable area ready to add components.

Read Full Blog

AEM Responsive Grid with 0px height

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

I tried the solution adding this JSP to my head libs. But my problem is still not fixed. 

Initially the parsys has no height

I have a sly tag like this

<div data-sly-resource="${tabParsysName @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/responsivegrid'}"
data-sly-set.tabParsysName="tab-par-${tabList.count}"></div>

When I add a component the subsequent empty parsys has height

<sly data-sly-include="/libs/wcm/core/components/init/init.jsp" data-sly-unwrap/>