Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Component policy getting reset when changes from different templates

Level 2

We have a Text Editor Component Policy (Rich Text Editor Content Policies).

This policy is shared across multiple templates.
Ideally editing a text editor component policy in any one of the template should reflect in all of the referenced templates.

Suppose we change the policy from Template A and then save it. Then navigate to Template B and do some changes and save. The changes done in policy through Template A gets reset.

Changes done earlier now not possible when opening policy from Template A.

Kindly help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is not an AEM OOTB issue and this would need customization.

I would like to suggest you to check why the live sync config and master copy configuration is overriding when you are rolling out two sites . The pages have been created in the custom catalog and rolling out on sites then you have to use the catalog and it should not hinder your site's MSM. We request you to make sure to check what happens when you rollout from the catalog too and need to check what are the internal services or different things it does to the page properties . If these things are sorted probably you will be able to use the MSM functionality in sites also.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is not an AEM OOTB issue and this would need customization.

I would like to suggest you to check why the live sync config and master copy configuration is overriding when you are rolling out two sites . The pages have been created in the custom catalog and rolling out on sites then you have to use the catalog and it should not hinder your site's MSM. We request you to make sure to check what happens when you rollout from the catalog too and need to check what are the internal services or different things it does to the page properties . If these things are sorted probably you will be able to use the MSM functionality in sites also.