Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

component in sidekick, but will not appear on page

Level 2

Hello, currently at a loss as to why a component I have created which appears in the Sidekick is not working. I have created a new parsys area on a page in AEM, I can drag other components into this area then edit their values, but the new component when I drag into the parsys area nothing happens. I initially copied an existing component, one which worked, so it has the same crx properties, though with different title, description etc. I have checked the properties via CRX and the properties all look similar to those of components which work, so at a loss as to why this newly created one does not work. I have read through online documentation no wiser, any ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Share more details on your issue, and also check the console log(error.log file) whenever you're dragging your component from sidekcik into the parsys. 

Please visit this one properly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iOayEzmpLg , in this video I created page component and then created a component like textimage and it worked fine for me. May be this one can help you better.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Share more details on your issue, and also check the console log(error.log file) whenever you're dragging your component from sidekcik into the parsys. 

Please visit this one properly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iOayEzmpLg , in this video I created page component and then created a component like textimage and it worked fine for me. May be this one can help you better.

Employee

Do you see a new node created under the parsys?

Level 10

Hi,

Have you created this new component from scratch or did you copied and changed the name of it ?

Also, do the inspect element and see if the html of that component has been created or not

Level 3

Looks like you have multiple div with the same id ??