Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Complex taxonomy manager

Level 2

We have a very complex, global taxonomy. We use AEM as well as other systems that could benefit from this taxonomy (PIM, DAM). Right now we are managing it in spreadsheets and trying to sync with what is live in AEM. We have locked down AEM so that only our development team can add new tags. I am curious to know if anyone else uses a 3rd party taxonomy manager, particularly if it can integrate with AEM and other platforms. We need a system that people can easily see what taxonomy is already available and add translations. On one hand, I feel like I am asking for a lot. On the other hand, I feel like something like this should exist. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

As previously mentioned, the feature that you are looking for it not available. However, we are always looking to improve the product. If you have some suggestions on how to improve the tagging UI, please open a support ticket with us. Our product management will review them for future releases.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

As far as i can check, there is no OOTB way to connect to third party tag systems. That said, You can use the tag manager API[1] to create/edit/manipulate tags based on the third party system.

You can also look into Smart Tagging Service[2] for auto tagging using AI.

[1] TagManager ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

[2] Smart Tagging

Correct answer by
Employee

As previously mentioned, the feature that you are looking for it not available. However, we are always looking to improve the product. If you have some suggestions on how to improve the tagging UI, please open a support ticket with us. Our product management will review them for future releases.

Level 2

Thanks. We do use tag manager, but have not been able to figure out an easy way to pull our list of tags in an easy-to-digest format. Our DevOps teams usually has to do a fair amount of manual manipulation after they do an export.

Level 2
I want to do something similar, did you figure out how to tie AEM Taxonomies to a 3rd party taxonomy management system?