Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/inherited/v1/inherited/render_html.java: Line 39, column 2543 : com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.commons.editor.dialog.inherited.InheritedField canno...

Level 2

Hello Team,

I've requested and received a trial version of AEM and successfully registered with the supplied license key. 

Now I try to run the WKND tutorial. I have downloaded the latest version from Github and have run the command:

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Pclassic

I am unable to create a page in the WKND site. The following error occurs:

Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/inherited/v1/inherited/render_html.java: Line 39, column 2543 : com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.commons.editor.dialog.inherited.InheritedField cannot be resolved to a type

Cannot serve request to /mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/createpagewizard/properties.html/conf/wknd/settings/wcm/templates/article-page-template in /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/form/field/field.jsp

Exception:

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.SightlyException: Compilation errors in org/apache/sling/scripting/sightly/apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/inherited/v1/inherited/render_html.java:
Line 39, column 2543 : com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.commons.editor.dialog.inherited.InheritedField cannot be resolved to a type
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.compiled.SlingHTLMasterCompiler.compileSource(SlingHTLMasterCompiler.java:429)
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.compiled.SlingHTLMasterCompiler.compileHTLScript(SlingHTLMasterCompiler.java:245)
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.impl.engine.SightlyScriptEngine.compile(SightlyScriptEngine.java:58)
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:379)
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.eval(DefaultSlingScript.java:184)
	at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.service(DefaultSlingScript.java:491)

When checking on localhost:4502/system/console/bundles the Adobe Experience Manager Core WCM Components Core Bundle is not active but just installed. It shows several packages could not be found, a few examples:

com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.core,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.annotation,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.introspect,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.module,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.std,version=[2.11,3) -- Cannot be resolved

I already tried several combinations of uber.jar and core.wcm.componets versions according to this page:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions

Sadly it didn't work out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jens.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Ok, you gave me a hint here. I have downloaded Service Pack 6.5.20.0, installed it and everything works.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hello @Bhuwan_B ,

from the quickstart.properties file:

#Created by com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.upgrade.UpgradeUtil at Mon Apr 15 16:29:34 CEST 2024
#Mon Apr 15 16:29:34 CEST 2024
quickstart.build=0.0.0.0_0_0_6_5_.20190328

Correct answer by
Level 2

Ok, you gave me a hint here. I have downloaded Service Pack 6.5.20.0, installed it and everything works.

Thank you!