Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Communities Comments Component Edit/Delete displayed for all users

Community Advisor

Hello All,

I

I have been looking into the social communities comments component that is available OOTB and learning its behavior as I comment as different users. 

When I comment as user1 (with no moderation or admin rights) and then login as user2 (with no moderation or admin rights), user2 seems to have ability to Edit, Delete the user1's comment.

I tried making few more comments and it is consistent. I just want to check if someone can tell if this is intended behavior? (i.e any user with minimum priviliges being able to edit or delete any ones comment)

If not - Is there any hotfix package I might be missing?

II

On sides I have been trying to use extended comments component as well. Another thing I noticed is, if I drag and drop the communities comment component the 'comments' node in the jcr will have the default properties available. But if I include the same in my page template JSP, the properties are not shown unless I go to the author instance open the component dialog and click 'Ok'. So basically if I extend the comments component and want the allow replies property to be true as default, its not picked up directly on page load but I need to go to each page based on the template where the component is included and open dialog and press 'Ok' (I could see the Allow Reply check box as true, but just not set in jcr node when included useing cq:include tag in template JSP)

Please share your thoughts or any suggestions on the above mentioned issues..

Thanks & Regards..

Update:

Sorry to not mention the version I tried this on. I have used AEM 6.2 and have also installed "cq-socialcommunities-pkg-1.10.111.zip"

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Shubham

The issue your mentioned about user1 and user2 will be a major bug if reproducible. I tried it locally and couldnt reproduce it. Can you check if user2 is not an admin or has other privileges. The other possibility is the ACLs could have been accidentally relaxed causing this issue. Can you confirm if the same behavior is observed at /content/community-components/en.html

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Anyone face similar issue? Please let me know..

Thanks..

Level 9

Hi,

Would you provide the AEM platform version and the AEM Communities version?  

See Deploying Communities for 6.1 or 6.2.

- JK

Community Advisor

Hi JK,

I used AEM 6.2. Added to main question as well.

Thanks

Shubham

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Shubham

The issue your mentioned about user1 and user2 will be a major bug if reproducible. I tried it locally and couldnt reproduce it. Can you check if user2 is not an admin or has other privileges. The other possibility is the ACLs could have been accidentally relaxed causing this issue. Can you confirm if the same behavior is observed at /content/community-components/en.html

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi Arun,

I retried creating a new user and logged in. On visiting the pages where user1 and user2 had commented, I do not see the edit for the comments made by others(New user is part of "everyone" group). If I added "Author" group to the new user only then I see the edit option for all comments and user1 and user2 were part of author group. I guess there is no need for users to be part of that group in publish environments...

However, when user is part of 'everyone' group only, I see "Unknown" for all user's comments. Any idea what group the publish users should be part of in general, to view the publish side comments appropriately?

Community Advisor

snbaem wrote...

Hi Arun,

I retried creating a new user and logged in. On visiting the pages where user1 and user2 had commented, I do not see the edit for the comments made by others(New user is part of "everyone" group). If I added "Author" group to the new user only then I see the edit option for all comments and user1 and user2 were part of author group. I guess there is no need for users to be part of that group in publish environments...

However, when user is part of 'everyone' group only, I see "Unknown" for all user's comments. Any idea what group the publish users should be part of in general, to view the publish side comments appropriately?

Thanks Arun, Your suggestion for looking into user previliges helped me. I will post the question regarding the group in which publish side users should be added

Level 1

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue for Calendar Component.. Every one is able to create event ,even if the user is not priviliged. It would be helpful if you let me know how you resolved this issue

Community Advisor

We didn't face any issue while creating calendar event I think. From what I remember, once a user becomes a member the "write" access is provided to the group that gets created for the community. As Arun has mentioned above, this will have to do with user privileges, please check around that.

For the given user try to see what rights they have for nodes a and under "/content/project/en/communities/communityA" for example.