Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

com.itextpdf.text,version=[5.5,6) -- Cannot be resolved

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I am trying to generate PDF using com.itextpdf.text API. I have added its maven dependency in my POM. Build is successful but when i install it,its in installed state and i get error com.itextpdf.text,version=[5.5,6) -- Cannot be resolved.

Project is created using Archtype 12.

Dependency added:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.itextpdf</groupId>

<artifactId>itextpdf</artifactId>

<version>5.5.13</version>

</dependency>

I have tried with different versions but its not resolved in any case.

Could you please suggest solution for it?

Thanks,

Megha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See the heading titled "How can i work with 3rd party JARs when i create an OSGi bundle" in this blog -- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2017/02/adobe-aem-tips-and-tracks-that-are-not.html

Scott's Digital Community: Adobe Experience Manager FAQs and other Tips

To work with third party JARS like this one - two steps need to be taken:

1 - when building the OSGi bundle - make sure you reference the correct dependency (which you did)

2 - you need to make sure that there is an OSGi bundle in AEM that exports that API. In the blog above- we show you how to wrap the SIMPLE JSON JAR into an OSGi bundle then deploy as an example (you did not perform this step)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See the heading titled "How can i work with 3rd party JARs when i create an OSGi bundle" in this blog -- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2017/02/adobe-aem-tips-and-tracks-that-are-not.html

Scott's Digital Community: Adobe Experience Manager FAQs and other Tips

To work with third party JARS like this one - two steps need to be taken:

1 - when building the OSGi bundle - make sure you reference the correct dependency (which you did)

2 - you need to make sure that there is an OSGi bundle in AEM that exports that API. In the blog above- we show you how to wrap the SIMPLE JSON JAR into an OSGi bundle then deploy as an example (you did not perform this step)

Level 10

So what you need to do is download the JAR and then wrap it into an OSGi bundle like we do for the SIMPLE JSON JAR in the article - you can use an Eclipse plug-in project for that purpose. Follow the steps in the article.

AA33.png