Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Closed captioning for Dynamic Media video file

Level 2

We are trying to add closed captioning to a video file.  We use Dynamic Media and the DM component.  I have the vtt file created and in the asset manager.  Is there a DM player that will incorporate the closed captioning?  We are on AEM 6.2.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

There isnt any OOTB feature to automatically add caption to your video, you need to add a parameter in viewer modifier in DM Component. something like below:

&caption=<scene7_company_name>/<path_of_caption>/<caption_name>.vtt,1   //1 means Caption will be enabled at start of video, to disable make it 0

However you can automate this process by overlaying DM component and by adding modifier programmatically at runtime.

Happy to help

Regards,

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I am not sure this exists OOTB - however checking with the DM team.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

There isnt any OOTB feature to automatically add caption to your video, you need to add a parameter in viewer modifier in DM Component. something like below:

&caption=<scene7_company_name>/<path_of_caption>/<caption_name>.vtt,1   //1 means Caption will be enabled at start of video, to disable make it 0

However you can automate this process by overlaying DM component and by adding modifier programmatically at runtime.

Happy to help

Regards,

Manish

Level 3

Is this functionality available only in Scene7 Dynamic Media mode?