Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Clarification on the AEM Author Installation Status

Level 2

I have installed AEM 6.5 Author in an RHEL 7 instance and it has started successfully. However, when I run the ./status script, it provides the below output:

09.04.2020 08:10:38.450 *INFO * [main] Setting sling.home=. (command line)
09.04.2020 08:10:38.458 *INFO * [main] Sent 'status' to /127.0.0.1:46738: OK

Can you please help me understand as to why the 'status' is being sent to 127.0.0.1 localhost rather than to the IP address of the RHEL instance? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It will always be localhost because AEM installed on the same VM. In other words, AEM is localhost to the RHEL server.

That said, If you want to access AEM outside of the RHEL server, you would need the RHEL server IP and the PORT AEM instance is running on.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@abn93 

127.0.0.1:4502 is a localhost address which is rendered by AEM every time you start your AEM instance.

If you replace 127.0.0.1:4502 with your system IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4502 It will still work.

The purpose of using AEM on the RHEL 7 instance is to make availability/accessibility of the AEM server throughout the entire organization for authoring/publishing the AEM content.

So whenever you want to share AEM instance to any other end-user within a organization just use your RHEL IP address to make it accessible.

Level 2
Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know as to how we can replace 127.0.0.1:4502 with my system IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:4502?

Community Advisor

@abn93

You don't have to replace 127.0.0.1 with your current RHEL 7 IP. Just use RHEL Server IP address to access the AEM outside the network.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It will always be localhost because AEM installed on the same VM. In other words, AEM is localhost to the RHEL server.

That said, If you want to access AEM outside of the RHEL server, you would need the RHEL server IP and the PORT AEM instance is running on.