Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Changing the order of fields in one Tab of Page Properties for a specific template

Level 7

Hi

Is there a way to change the order of Page Properties for a specific Template. I would need the Tags to appear first followed by the Page Title, SEO Page Title and so on?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @anasustic,

I think you can achieve this overlaying dialog(to the template where you want to change) based on Sling Resource Merger and re-arrange fields however you want.

eg.

Below is a page component which doesn't have any dialog, I would check resourceType and overlay it to page component.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 11.19.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 11.11.23 AM.png

Sling Resource Merger: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-mer...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 7

Hi @SantoshSai 

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure how to use your suggestion for rearranging fields in a template. The template inherits from what I can see the cg:Page properties and I am trying to find out how to rearrange fields for it. From  what I can see it uses the page properties from here /mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/properties.html and I would like to rearrange fields in one tab from page properties but only for a page that uses this specific template. Would that be possible and how?

Under page I can see the following structure

/page/_cq_design_dialog/.content.xml

/_cq_dialog/.content.xml

/tabs

/.....

/basic

It is the fields in this basic tab that I would need to rearrange for this template.

Community Advisor

You should rearrange under cq:dialog node level, if you don't see cq:dialog node under your page/template code level, then you can copy the cq:dialog node from core components and then rearrange the fields the way you want.

Path: /apps/core/wcm/components/page

Siva_Sogalapalli_0-1673018070136.png