Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Changing links into a RTE before print in HTML don't externalize correctly

Level 2

Hi guys,

I'm changing the text content of RTE saved sending to POJO, catching the links, changing the language for contextualize them and then I print all text assembled to HTML again. This work perfect, the problem is about the links in the publish aren't externalized. I see the /content/project part in the links, I don't understand why, this happend just because I'm sending the text of RTE to a POJO because all links changed or not (some times the link haven't contextualize and they aren't modified) are with the equal problem.

Any Idea?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jonimarrero95 

When you say that the links are not externalized in the publish, do you mean that you are using anykind of URL shortening and expecting the short URL with domain name such as www.abc.com/anything.html in place of /content/abc/en_us/anything.html ? Does it externalize other URLs that you have on the website?

You can call the externalLink method from Externalizer interface and it will externalize the URL.

externalizer.externalLink(resourceResolver, externalizerName, currentPagePath);

URL for reference:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/developing/platform/externalizer.html?...

Hope this helps!
Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jonimarrero95 

When you say that the links are not externalized in the publish, do you mean that you are using anykind of URL shortening and expecting the short URL with domain name such as www.abc.com/anything.html in place of /content/abc/en_us/anything.html ? Does it externalize other URLs that you have on the website?

You can call the externalLink method from Externalizer interface and it will externalize the URL.

externalizer.externalLink(resourceResolver, externalizerName, currentPagePath);

URL for reference:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/developing/platform/externalizer.html?...

Hope this helps!
Thanks!