Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Page alias url not working in publish instance

Level 2

Hi all,

Currently we're facing an issue where our page alias urls are 404ing and unable to redirect to the actual page. We've noticed that when we change the alias values and republish, we are able to properly redirect to the correct alias url. We are able to see the alias working in our author instances.

When checking crx/de, we do see the alias value within the resource properties. Any help or insight would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

In addition to what @h_kataria already stated , please ensure you avoid using duplicate alias values.

Offcourse additional screenshots and examples will be helpful in identifying the underline issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Since you mentioned that when you changed the alias value and republished it is working fine, it suggests that alias functionality is working fine but probably the value itself might be missing before that.
Can you cross check once if the sling:alias values are actually present on the pages in publish environment which you are trying to test. 
Also, if you can give some examples or screenshots, it will be more helpful.  

Correct answer by
Level 3

In addition to what @h_kataria already stated , please ensure you avoid using duplicate alias values.

Offcourse additional screenshots and examples will be helpful in identifying the underline issue.

Level 2

Hi @h_kataria, after looking into it a bit more I did notice something when looking at the publish instance.

asdasdsa_1-1723198741701.png

while the actual alias is within this page here:

asdasdsa_2-1723198763133.png
So it does seem that this is due to the duplicate alias being used

Level 2

After checking out more of the broken alias links, I'm noticing the duplicate alias issue is not found for these specific links. These pages have only the specific alias but after unpublishing / republishing, it seems to be working. Wondering if there is a deeper cause that could possibly affect this codewise.