Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.5 On-prem support and End of life

Level 2

Hi All,

Currently we are using AEM 6.5 on-prem and have a Platinum maintenance and support plan as well.

We are considering to moving to AEM as a cloud. 

We have couple if question that would help us

1. We are aware AEM 6.5 is currently being supported. But want to know till when it would be supported. Has there been any update/changes regarding AEM 6.5 support? (Has there been anything mentioned in the recent Adobe summit)

2. Are there any plans to stop Platinum maintenance support renewal this year?

It would be helpful if someone could provide more details on this.

Thank you

Dinesh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

@Dinesh_A While we would very much prefer our customers to adopt the AEM cloud as we believe it's the better place to get access to your innovations, we will be supporting the 6.5 release (and/or other releases allowing for on-premise or managed services deployments) for years to come, which is why we still haven't published any end of support (core or extended) date - this must be a misunderstanding with your account team. Please send me a private note if necessary

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

There hasn't been any official communication about supporting AEM 6.5. In fact, this would be something very critical, so I think it's unlikely to happen in the near future. If such a decision is made, Adobe will clearly provide information with the proper timelines for transitions. But as I said, and in my humble opinion, I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

@Dinesh_A for all version support timelines, please refer to this End Of Life matrix. Adobe will keep this matrix updated atleast a year in advance.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html

Community Advisor

@Dinesh_A Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Hi @EstebanBustamante @Shashi_Mulugu 

thank you for your replies.

Our current AEM 6.5 platinum support and maintenance expires in May, our Adobe account manager has sent us an email stating they can not renew the support and maintenance as Adobe do not want to renew these from this year and want organizations to move to AEM as a cloud.

Adobe account manager has shared a new Maintenance plan for 2 months (which is usually a year) after the current one expired.

They have not yet provided further details if we could still use our AEM on-prem without support if they are not planning to renew support.

Its strange and out or normal for Adobe  to stop a support model all of a sudden without prior notice or timeline. All they are interested and want to know “When do you plan to move to cloud”. 

Im not sure if they are just trying to force us to move to cloud.

We have a meeting with Adobe manager and their team this week and will keep you all updated.

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

@Dinesh_A While we would very much prefer our customers to adopt the AEM cloud as we believe it's the better place to get access to your innovations, we will be supporting the 6.5 release (and/or other releases allowing for on-premise or managed services deployments) for years to come, which is why we still haven't published any end of support (core or extended) date - this must be a misunderstanding with your account team. Please send me a private note if necessary

Level 10

Hi @Dinesh_A,

As of my knowledge, here are some general details regarding AEM 6.5 on-prem support and end of life:

1. AEM 6.5 Support: AEM 6.5 is currently supported by Adobe. The specific end-of-life date for AEM 6.5 has not been publicly announced. Adobe typically provides support for a major version of AEM for a certain period of time after its release. It's recommended to check with Adobe or refer to their official documentation for the most up-to-date information on AEM 6.5 support.

Regarding any updates or changes to AEM 6.5 support, it's best to review the official Adobe Summit announcements, Adobe's product roadmap, or reach out to Adobe directly for the most accurate and current information.

2. Platinum Maintenance Support: The availability of Platinum maintenance support and any changes to its renewal would be determined by Adobe. It's recommended to contact Adobe directly or consult with your Adobe account representative for specific details regarding Platinum maintenance support and its renewal.

Adobe can provide you with the most relevant and up-to-date information based on your specific situation, licensing agreement, and any recent announcements or changes.

Please note that the information provided here is based on general knowledge and may not reflect the latest updates or announcements from Adobe. It's always best to consult with Adobe directly for the most accurate and current information regarding AEM support and maintenance.