Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Changing custom runmodes when cloning environments

Level 2

Should it be possible to copy and AEM 6.1 publish instance between UAT and dev environments and have that instance pick up the target environment's config ?

I have copied a publish instance back from UAT to a dev server.

I then deleted the sling.id.file and reset  the clusterid, using the oak-run tool, and have changed the custom runmode from UT  to dev and finally started up the instance.

Whilst the instance has seemingly started up ok, It appears to be still picking up some UT configuration rather than  dev.

The configuration is stored in a single package, containing all environments, so my repository contains config:

/etc/map.publish.dev

/etc/map.publish.st

/etc/map.publish.ut

/etc/map.publish.prod

Should it be possible to restart a cloned publish instance using a custom runmode other than the one it was originally built with? If so, is there something I have missed?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this Support KB that informs you on how to change AEM Run Modes: Set run modes

This shows you best practice on how to change this value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this Support KB that informs you on how to change AEM Run Modes: Set run modes

This shows you best practice on how to change this value.

Level 2

Hi.

Thanks both for your quick responses.

I think however that I have answered my own question.

In the system console config manager  -->  Apache Sling Resource Resolver factory

The property "resource.resolver.map.location" was still set to /etc/map.publish.ut.

Whether this value should automatically update, when the server is restarted with a new custom runmode, I do not know.  However I have changed the value of this property to /etc/map.publish.dev  and my application seems to now be working as expected.