Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Changes on the page are not reflected in CRXDE in real time, nor the other way around

Level 2

Hi AEM Community,
have you ran into this situation before where the changes you've made on the page or on the template are not reflected in CRXDE?

Below is an example when "changes made on the UI are not reflected in CRXDE"
Via the UI, I created two editable templates, one called "old" the other called "new"
Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.35.18 PM.png
However, in CRXDE, I only have "Home Page Corp New", and "Home Page Corp". And "Home Page Corp" is the same as "Home Page Corp Old" before the renaming. Does anybody know why this renaming is not reflected in CRXDE (even after refreshing and renaming directly CRXDE - looks like CRXDE just wouldn't take the new name "Home Page Corp Old"!)
Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 12.39.38 PM.png

On the other hand, when I created a new node in CRXDE, it's not reflected on AEM UI, either. The connectivity seems off.

This phenomenon is very concerning as it potentially means other changes were not taken in by or synced with CRXDE, too. Thank you for feedbacks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @infiniteshi, I think everything is working fine. What you can see in Touch UI is template title - the value is stored as property jcr:title property under jcr:content node of your template. What you can find in the crx are node names. So you are comparing node name with node property, which are 2 different things. Touch UI is allowing you to change template title not name.

If you will go under .../templates/home-page-corp/jcr:content - I think you will find jcr:title property with value Home Page Corp Old

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @infiniteshi, I think everything is working fine. What you can see in Touch UI is template title - the value is stored as property jcr:title property under jcr:content node of your template. What you can find in the crx are node names. So you are comparing node name with node property, which are 2 different things. Touch UI is allowing you to change template title not name.

If you will go under .../templates/home-page-corp/jcr:content - I think you will find jcr:title property with value Home Page Corp Old