Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change sling.home in Azure App Service container

Level 1

I'm running the "apache/sling" Docker image in an Azure App Service. AFAICT, App Service only supports visibility/persistence in the "/home" directory in the container. Therefore, I think I need to change Sling's "sling.home" property from its default "/opt/sling" to something like "/home/sling".

I suspect I have to create my own Docker image based on "apache/sling", but still, between all the possible ways to set "sling.home", in OSGi framework properties, JAR files, command line arguments, etc., I'm lost to figure out what to actually change in my own Docker image. Should I build some part of this from modified source? Or what?

BTW, this is all in order to start working with Sling until my org eventually gets AEM.

4 Replies

Level 1

Thank you but none of those links has much to do with my question AFAICT. 2 of them are about making an AEM instance use Azure Storage Service, and the 3rd one is about integrating AEM with Azure Active Directory. My question is about running a Sling container in Azure App Service.

Level 1

Thanks, yes that command line option looks like a hypothetical solution, but that's the command line for the "Sling standalone application". I'm using the "apache/sling" Docker image, which gives me no access to that "standalone application's" command line AFAICT, and I can't figure out what I'd need to change or rebuild in that Docker image in order to pass an argument to that "standalone application's" command line.