Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Change runmode of existing AEM instance

Level 4

My AEM instance which was running on 4502 port with this file name (cq-quickstart-author-p4502.jar). So, it had the "author" run mode which is expected. But, for testing, now I want to change the run mode to [publish, foo]. So, I am using the below command.

java -Xmx512m -jar cq-quickstart-p4502.jar -Dsling.run.modes=publish,foo

When I access http://localhost:4502/system/console/status-slingsettings​, I am seeing run mode as [author, foo], but not [publish, foo]. Can anybody please let me know how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Author or Publish run modes can only be set when you start the AEM instance for the first time and cannot be changed afterward.

You have to delete the crx-quickstart folder and restart the jar file after changing the runmode to "publish"

Check caution at [1]

Caution:

When using one of the above run modes (author, publish, samplecontent, nosamplecontent), the value used at installation time defines the run mode for the entire lifetime of that installation.

For these run modes you cannot change them after installation.

[1] Run Modes

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Author or Publish run modes can only be set when you start the AEM instance for the first time and cannot be changed afterward.

You have to delete the crx-quickstart folder and restart the jar file after changing the runmode to "publish"

Check caution at [1]

Caution:

When using one of the above run modes (author, publish, samplecontent, nosamplecontent), the value used at installation time defines the run mode for the entire lifetime of that installation.

For these run modes you cannot change them after installation.

[1] Run Modes

Level 7

Go crx-quickstart/bin folder. Open start.bat file for windows and start(.sh) file for linux. change the run mode from author to publish then start AEM using command prompt.

Double click on start.bat file(Windows) or run ./start (linux)

Employee

You can only add customized run modes to existing instance by amending the start script. After the installation, an instance cannot be changed from author to publish, or vice versa.

https://helpx.adobe.com/tw/experience-manager/kb/RunModeSetUp.html