Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Change AEM RTE to CKEditor

Level 2

Hi ,

I want to change AEM text editor to Ck Editor, editor used in the AEM communities components. How do i do it?  Also, it is recommended to change to CKEditor?

Thanks

Lotus Tech

5 Replies

Administrator

Can you share the things that your are unable to do with RTE?

Customization of RTE is possible :- Rich Text Editor Essentials

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

We want to replace regular/default AEM RTE with CKEditor in all places in the AEM. We know how to customization CkEditor that not that issue.

Level 10

Using the default RTE is best practice.

However - if you want to use something else in say a Dialog component field - creating a custom resource type comes to mind as a possible solution. Like shown in the article below - you can use a JS lib to create a resource type. 

See - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Experience Manager sling:resourceType for Touch UI

Level 2

In AEM communities, CKEditor is used as default editor. All we want is, we want to use CKEditor as a default editor in all places in AEM.

Level 10

There is no docs on this or examples. This use case -- I believe -- would not be supported by support either (we are confirming with AEM Support to make 100% sure).