Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Cascading checkbox in metadata schema of asset

Level 6

I have enabled the checkbox in the metadata schema but I am not able to see all the cascading options under the rule tabs for my checkbox. How can I enable that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When creating a custom DAM Asset schema, you must copy a default schema (so you will have all the standard default DAM Asset field options), then you should amend the schema; to add your checkbox field option. The default schema fields are recommended by Adobe, so when you are planning to remove default fields, remove them with care.

After copying a default schema to apply your own changes, you will realize that all default fields (cascading options like you said) will be visible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

When creating a custom DAM Asset schema, you must copy a default schema (so you will have all the standard default DAM Asset field options), then you should amend the schema; to add your checkbox field option. The default schema fields are recommended by Adobe, so when you are planning to remove default fields, remove them with care.

After copying a default schema to apply your own changes, you will realize that all default fields (cascading options like you said) will be visible.