Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cannot select individual components in Parsys

Level 4

Sorry if this has been answered, I search, but my results page only brings up a pure white page.. This has been happening consistently on these forums as of late... :(

Anyhow,

I have a parsys that I am included on a Sightly page componenent like so:

<div class="container sub-page-content">    <div class="row">        <div class="col-sm-9">            <div class="page__par" data-sly-resource="par"></div>        </div>        <div class="col-sm-3 hidden-xs">            <div class="sidebar"></div>        </div>    </div></div>

I go to the page via the ClassicUI, and drag some TEXT and TITLEs on it.

Now when I return back to the page, I cannot access individual components that I have dragged into PARSYS. It acts like 1 big component. I double click on it, it launches the dialogs of every component. It also doesn't allow me to drop new components in between the already present components. Note, i have only used the default TITLE and TEXT components.

I've attached a screenshot. Those a 2 seperate components that I have dragged onto the page, but its highlighting their parent block, specifically the <div class="col-sm-9"></div> element.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It makes authoring the page impossible.

Thanks,

-Tyler

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Answer (at least in AEM 6.0):

Don't use the WCM parsys -> wcm/foundation/components/parsys

Use deafult parsys -> foundation/components/parsys

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Answer (at least in AEM 6.0):

Don't use the WCM parsys -> wcm/foundation/components/parsys

Use deafult parsys -> foundation/components/parsys

Level 4

Tyler.Maynard wrote...

Sorry if this has been answered, I search, but my results page only brings up a pure white page.. This has been happening consistently on these forums as of late... :(

Anyhow,

I have a parsys that I am included on a Sightly page componenent like so:

<div class="container sub-page-content">    <div class="row">        <div class="col-sm-9">            <div class="page__par" data-sly-resource="par"></div>        </div>        <div class="col-sm-3 hidden-xs">            <div class="sidebar"></div>        </div>    </div></div>

I go to the page via the ClassicUI, and drag some TEXT and TITLEs on it.

Now when I return back to the page, I cannot access individual components that I have dragged into PARSYS. It acts like 1 big component. I double click on it, it launches the dialogs of every component. It also doesn't allow me to drop new components in between the already present components. Note, i have only used the default TITLE and TEXT components.

I've attached a screenshot. Those a 2 seperate components that I have dragged onto the page, but its highlighting their parent block, specifically the <div class="col-sm-9"></div> element.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It makes authoring the page impossible.

Thanks,

-Tyler

add cq_editConfig.xml in your component.

It may fix ur issue.

Level 4

Into which component? These are just default components thus far.

The basic parsys: wcm/foundation/components/parsys

Text: wcm/foundation/components/text

Title: wcm/foundation/components/title

After playing around, my par was using the WCM version of the parsys.

I updated the synthetic resource to use the non-WCM version of the parsys and it works as expected. I guess I will stay away from that version of parsys. :\