Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Cannot find few custom workflows in the list when try to apply for DAM assets.

Level 3

I am trying to add custom workflow to DAM asset but cannot find workflow in the list of workflows. When I try to apply workflow for a page I see all the workflows listed. This issue is only when I try to apply workflow form DAM Assets.

Below is the screenshot when I try to activate page which shows DAM asset request publish and unpublish workflows.

1323292_pastedImage_3.png

Below screenshot shows the list of workflows when I try to apply for assets I don't see those workflows in the list.

1323291_pastedImage_2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

The issue is resolved by deleting tags under workflow jcr:content. There are two tags workflow:wcm and workflow:dam .

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

Applying workflows to digital assets is the same as for website pages. For a complete guide on how to create and use workflows in AEM, see Starting Workflows.

Do you see any error on browser or error.log?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Thanks for the document.

I don't see few custom workflows in the drop-down listed to even apply for DAM Assets. But I see the same workflows in workflow console and also  I see them in the dropdown when I try to apply workflow for pages.

Community Advisor

Check model.xml file of you custome workflow and validate metaData tag.

Set jcr:primaryType to "nt:unstructure" in oder to avaialable in drop down list

<metaData

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"/>

/Brijesh Yadav

Correct answer by
Level 3

The issue is resolved by deleting tags under workflow jcr:content. There are two tags workflow:wcm and workflow:dam .