Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot edit OSGI on Publish instance of AEM 6.3

Level 2

When I open OSGI ConfigMgr as Admin, I cannot get the edit screen to pop up on any of teh configuration items including:

- Apache Sling Web Console Security Provider

- Day CQ Mail Service

On Author, I have no issues.

No errors are present in the Logs that point to an issue with teh OSGI.

Any ideas?

Thank you

John Pedrick

12 Replies

Level 8

Do you see any errors in logs? or any console errors ? Both the above configs works fine for me in 6.3

1448405_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

No errors on the error log or on the console. It worked when I first installed, but for some reason it does not work now.

Level 2

I think I found the issue:

I assigned a URL to the Publish servers. When accessing the configMgr using the URL I experience the issue. However, if I access the Publish server using the IP Address, I can edit the configs.

Is there a setting or something that needs to be implemented to allow the OSGI to recognize the URL?

I dont remember setting this for AEM 6.1

Thank you

John Pedrick

Level 10

I am glad you figured it out - I personally never had that issue before.

Level 2

Actually, the issue is not resolved.

I still need to access the server using a URL and make configuration changes. Need to understand why this is not working.

Level 10

So if you use an IP address - it resolves and you can edit the values?

Level 2

That is correct.

If I use a URL, I cannot edit the values

Employee

If you have an ELB in the architecture layer, You might need to check that. I've customer setting or stripping some headers which are either restricted on Apache (dispatcher) which cause this.

Try going up each layer and hopefully you'd be able to resolve this.

Level 2

Hi Kunwar,

1. I am not using AWS, its on a VM on my Hypervisor. (Local Datacenter)

2. The issue is not happening from Apache Dispatchers, its only limited to accessing the Publish instance OSGI from a browser.

Thank you

John Pedrick

Employee

Then you can drill down by analyzing the HAR trace for both scenario. Something is getting stripped(headers, cookies etc.) so just a small change to figure out

Level 10

Sounds like a network issue. Replacing an IP with a Domain name should not impact the functionality of AEM.