Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we use static template created using slingResourceSuperType: cq/cloudserviceconfigs/templates/configpage in AEMaaCS ?

Level 3

We have static template under /apps/my-project/customcloudservice/templates which is used for AWS cloud configuration. 

sangrampatil111_0-1679046821029.png

In BPA(Best Practice Analyzer), it is saying that 

Legacy static templates were detected. They should be modernized.

Can we migrate this template directly to AEMaaCS without changing it to Editable ? 

Please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sangrampatil111,

According to official documentation static templates are still supported, with some limitations.

So answering your question, if you are fine with above, yes you can keep your static templates. Of course according to best practices it will be good to plan to fully migrate to editable templates in the end, but it is not a show stopper to move into AEM as a Cloud Service. In terms of configuration use case, I think that instead of editable templates you could consider to use Context-Aware Configuration:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sangrampatil111,

According to official documentation static templates are still supported, with some limitations.

So answering your question, if you are fine with above, yes you can keep your static templates. Of course according to best practices it will be good to plan to fully migrate to editable templates in the end, but it is not a show stopper to move into AEM as a Cloud Service. In terms of configuration use case, I think that instead of editable templates you could consider to use Context-Aware Configuration: