Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we enable style system in static template?

Level 3

We have a requirement to create new components for one of my projects and utilize the style system. The client is currently using static templates for all of their pages, is there any way we can enable style system in static templates..
Is it possible, or is it only available in editable templates?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ramaem12 

Style system is available for editable template. On static template this feature is not available. 

You can use one of the option below. 

1.Migrate the static template to editable template and make use of the feature

2.Go for custom implementation on static template. 

I would suggest option one but it depends on the number of existing pages you need to migrate from static to editable template. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ramaem12 

Style system is available for editable template. On static template this feature is not available. 

You can use one of the option below. 

1.Migrate the static template to editable template and make use of the feature

2.Go for custom implementation on static template. 

I would suggest option one but it depends on the number of existing pages you need to migrate from static to editable template. 

Level 3

For option 2 would you suggest me some of the options,

I followed below approach to enable the style system in Static templates.

For Enabling Style system I added below design dialogue in my component.

<styletab
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include"
path="/mnt/overlay/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/style/tab_design/styletab"/>

1) It is working perfectly in editable templates.

working behavior of my Component in editable template.

Editable template working brush iconEditable template working brush icon

2) But it is not working in the Static template. I followed the below procedure to enable the style system in my component.

Static template design modeStatic template design mode

After I added the above values in my component design mode, I can see the brush icon in the static template, but I cannot see the values of Quote Block and Test2 in authoring mode.

static template missing values in brush iconstatic template missing values in brush icon

Community Advisor

@ramaem12 :  were you able to make it work with Option#2?

Employee

Style system is a feature of editable template to allow developers and template editors to create multiple visual variations of a component, see [0]. You can always migrate old static template to editable template to make use of this feature.

[0]: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/developing/components/style-system.html

Community Advisor

No you can't you need to migrate static template to editable template then you can use style system.