Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Can we edit the name of page components. If yes then how?

Level 7

akshaybhujbale_0-1658467328581.png

How I can edit the page component names.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. Go to http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp 
2. Navigate to your application folder, for example : "/apps/PROJECT_NAME/components/content/

3. Create a node with jcr:primaryType as cq:component

Here I am taking the example of List component.

4. Add jcr:title property and name it as per your requirement. For example, jcr:title = Project_Name-List

5. Add "sling:resourceSuperType" and give the core components path core/wcm/components/list/v2/list

6. Add componentGroup property and give a value.

Based on the group name you give, you see all your components under that group.
Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 11.13.59 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Page components? you mean the existing component names?
Name can be changed by changing the jcr:title of that respective component.

If you are referring to the components under general tab, those are core components. Extend those components to your application folder and rename their jcr:title and add "sling:resourceSuperType" to each of those components to their respective core paths.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1. Go to http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp 
2. Navigate to your application folder, for example : "/apps/PROJECT_NAME/components/content/

3. Create a node with jcr:primaryType as cq:component

Here I am taking the example of List component.

4. Add jcr:title property and name it as per your requirement. For example, jcr:title = Project_Name-List

5. Add "sling:resourceSuperType" and give the core components path core/wcm/components/list/v2/list

6. Add componentGroup property and give a value.

Based on the group name you give, you see all your components under that group.
Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 11.13.59 AM.png

Employee Advisor

One question first -

Are you talking about your project specific authorable component here like Text, Image, Teaser, Hero etc?

When we talk about page component usually we refer base page component.

Approach1:

We could leverage AEM bulk editor to change the jcr:title of the component as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1658471264130.png

DEBAL_DAS_1-1658471389740.png

Updated jcr:title value is getting displayed in editable template layout container -

DEBAL_DAS_2-1658471528396.png

But this approach has one disadvantage , as I made this change directly in AEM instance , my change will be gone in next component package deployment, if I include this component in next release and deployment.

Approach 2:

Better to update jcr:title in .context.xml [location would be something like : \aem-projects\aem-demo\ui.apps\src\main\content\jcr_root\apps\demo\components\pdfviewer] and commit your changes.

Now the most important point component name and title[jcr:title] both are different. If we change component name it means I am interested change component node name at page level as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_3-1658472763748.png

then it will bring disaster if we have used this component already on different pages.

I would request you please talk to your architect first , discuss about the use case and analyze the impact.

Usually we don't edit anything directly on components , those are part of General component group.