Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can we create custom asset in AEM?

Level 2

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png

Currently I'm using AEM on-prem 6.5, and I see assets as seen in the attached SS. However, can we create any other custom asset than files, collections, shared links, etc.?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Files, Collections are different location/functionalities i.e. Files will take you to /content/dam where you can upload assets and Collections will take you to /content/dam/collections where you create collection of similar type of assets.

Yes, you can add more items/links in Assets and for that you have to do overlay navigation ie. /libs/cq/core/content/nav/assets. 

Document : experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-merger.html

FYI : As a good practice, please try to avoid customization. 

sachinarora_0-1657633979350.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 7

What kind of "other assests" do you thinking about?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Files, Collections are different location/functionalities i.e. Files will take you to /content/dam where you can upload assets and Collections will take you to /content/dam/collections where you create collection of similar type of assets.

Yes, you can add more items/links in Assets and for that you have to do overlay navigation ie. /libs/cq/core/content/nav/assets. 

Document : experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/sling-resource-merger.html

FYI : As a good practice, please try to avoid customization. 

sachinarora_0-1657633979350.png